Since last 10 years and above digital marketing has gained a fortified momentum in terms of vital components structuring and major marketing campaigns shifted to a side leaving conventional marketing parallel. Whether the organization or company wants to excel in reaching out to different strata of customers. In conventional marketing sphere the companies were limited to more geo-centric phase of marketing and couldn’t reach other domains and wide array of audience. The main perspective shift emerged with the age of internet with global and business occupancy rifts converted into more dimensional and faceted sides. The dynamic marketing techniques used in commercial level marketing keeping the conventional marketing base as a north star digital marketing gave a higher exposure to the brands, companies and micro level businesses. Today we will talk about how the businesses in general can take extra leverage from digital marketing techniques. This would not be a typical but a profound look into the way digital marketing as a whole subject is wrapping itself while its outlook and shift of the businesses, who keep their revenues and cash inflows on a positive side.
What is Digital Marketing
Digital marketing is a modern-day practice of branding your business by employing all available and prominent modes of media to shape the customer’s mind into believing and trusting on the brand. The concept of brand loyalty comes into play. Businesses and brands not just gain exposure but multifold benefits out of digital marketing campaigns. Digital marketing takes into account the multi-level outreach to the audience. A senior associate dean of Business Program Dr. Mark Hobson states that
“Although digital marketing seems like a new world. But it is based on many principles familiar to the traditional marketing knowledge and technical acumen. “
Types of Digital Marketing
Digital marketing spreads out on many sides and areas. Mainly its categorized into 8 types. The list is as follows:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)
- Content Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Marketing Analytics
- Affiliate Marketing
SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Main purpose of SEO is to get business be ranked higher in google search results. The end goal is to rand the business’s site higher so that more traffic is brought to business. To obtain the results SEO marketers search for most searched keywords and use them in their own terms. As per Moz a leading SEO software the website is encompasses so many elements like the words on your web pages and to other sites linking to your site. In order to improve any site’s SEO is by making strategies to understand SEO and how it works. As per Moz’s business guide some following parameters are employed:
- Indexation of Content- It is important to note that search engines would read our content and by using alt images and alt texts even text transcripts for videos as well as for audio content.
- Optimal Link Structuring: As search engines has the ability to do crawling. Crawling is a concept where the search engine read the content on your site. As a SEO specialist SEO experts can format links, URL’s and sitemaps for making the most accessible site crawlers.
- Keyword Targeting: In SEO its important to affectively deploy keywords. Deployment involves how a specific key term can be used to insert and deployed into the headers and content of your site. Writing high quality content makes the ranking of the site higher and more superior in search results. The process works by writing high quality content to be used in the headers and slightly a bit in the content. Keeping this practice would help the business or site to rank higher.
Pay-Per-Click (PPC) refers to advertisements that are promoted by search engine and its results. As per SEO, PPC is a way to increase search traffic result sequence for an online business. When its about PPC, the advertisements that are visible on the top and sides of a page among search results when you browse the web. Even ads you see while browsing the web, YouTube ads and ads visible on the applications we use.
The differential point for Pay-Per-Click (PPC) is as a company we pay for the results. In a simple PPC model Google AdWords campaign you only pay when someone clicks on the ad and he is redirected to your site. In pay-per-click you will only be charged when someone clicks. This reduces our costs and some companies rank significantly higher just by getting into PPC method. You would only spend a few hundred dollars. The estimation for cost against your PPC campaign depends largely upon how much competition is there against a particular keyword. Hence, search for keywords that have lower competition and also costs less. While setting up a PPC campaign another key factor has to be kept in mind that whether you want your ad to be displayed in a specific region or all over the world. Depending upon the types of customers you want and what kind of audience you need will be key parameters in selection of region or geographic proximity. Don’t waste your campaigning budget on regions where you don’t see prospects.
With the emergence of social media mobile apps along with various channels email has become the norm of the times. It is one of the most effective marketing techniques. Email marketing provides useful insights to the customers. Email marketing pros know how compelling marketing campaign can make things more swift and easier to develop. Not only compelling but reaching the right audience and strategic decisions are taken based on what data we get. Some effective Email Marketing software would help you analyze who opened the email and who didn’t. The opened email shows click-through-rate (CTR). As a marketing analyzer you can use various email marketing software to check upon your how effectively your campaign is functioning.
- Creation of Sense of Urgency: Creation of email copies and making them realize that are missing out an opportunity and deal.
- Personalizing Emails: Inserting the name of the users in the subject of the email. This tactic has proven to increase open and click though rate
- Let Recipients Set Preferences: Give the user a right to specify how often they can see and check your emails along with subscription option.